Donna's Bacon Corn Chowder October 31 2014
Thanks to Donna over at Cookistry.com, we have this amazing corn chowder recipe using bacon jam!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 of a large onion, diced (about the same size as corn kernels)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and diced (about the same size as corn kernels)
- Kernels from 4 years of fresh corn
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced (about the same size as corn kernels)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Bacon Spread
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Melt the butter in a saucepan. add the onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring as needed, until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the corn, potatoes, and salt...